Saturday, July 17, 2010
50 in 50
AI turn 50 this year- half a century! (as my kids like to remind me ever so gently and kindly). It is knocking me around mentally and emotionally right now.
I am developing a list of 50 things I would like to do in my 50th year. It's growing, slowly. I've already accomplished one item - with the help (eager help, I must add) of our dear friends, the Bennetts. This past New Year's holiday I shot a .22 pistol and a 22 gauge shot-gun, because shooting a gun is on my list. Here's the rest. I take suggestions for filling up the remaining spots.
1. Shoot a gun
2. Visit Chicago
3. Have a pedicure
4. Have a manicure
5. Fly in a hot-air balloon
6. Buy an expensive wine (it's relative, expensive for me is anywhere between $20-30) and drink it!
8. Dance lessons with Dave
9. Go to a movie alone
10. Go to a restaurant alone
11. Visit the wine country of Missouri
12. Teach Liam to ride a bike
13. Lose 30 pounds
14. Learn how to can and don't be fearful about it!
17. Learn the bodhran (Irish drum, which I purchased 7 years ago with the intent of learning!)
18. Read all of CS Lewis' writings
19. Smoke a houka - yes Rachel you have inspired me!